BritBox is a brand-new video streaming service jointly launched by the BBC and ITV. It has started its journey to rival Amazon, Netflix, Apple TV, and such platforms. As like all these video streaming platforms, BritBox comes with its app to stream different British movies and TV shows. BritBox is a pay-based platform, so streaming BritBox on Firestick requires an Amazon Prime subscription.
What is BritBox?
BritBox is mainly a subscription-based video streaming platform or service. It’s only available in the UK, US, and Canada. BBC and ITV had come together with a vision to launch something similar to Amazon, Netflix, and Apple TV. It then became the rival to these video streaming services. From the very beginning, it promised to host most of the British TV contents to their platform in one place.
BritBox is one of the most exciting streaming services that is dedicated to UK audiences. However, the audiences from the USA and Canada also get access to enjoy video streaming through the platform.
Is BritBox available on Firestick?
To enjoy BritBox on your Fire TV or Firestick, you have to download and install the BritBox app first. But the sad news is the BritBox app is not currently available to download on your Amazon Firestick or Fire TV. However, the good news is you can still download the app using some other apps.
If you want to sideload this BritBox app, you have to use the Downloader or the ES File Explorer. Moreover, if you are an Amazon Prime member and have the subscription, you can enjoy BritBox fire TV video streaming.
How to watch BritBox on Firestick?
If you want to watch BritBox on Firestick, you have to sign up through the service page of the BritBox website. Another way of signing up for the BritBox streaming is to sign up via the ITV hub. The BritBox app will open the door for you to watch millions of British video content. If you have any of the devices mentioned below, you can download the BritBox app:
- Apple TV
- iPod touch
- Select Samsung Smart TVs
- Select Panasonic Smart TVs
- Android phones and tablets
- Google Chromecast
How To Get BritBox on Firestick?
Although you cannot get BritBox or subscribe directly to the official website of the BritBox using your devices of Fire Stick or Fire TV, you will get a fully separate channel of the BritBox at Amazon. If you want to know about the costing, then we would say that the cost is the same as a normal BritBox subscription.
Since the subscription fee is the same, you should subscribe through Amazon. And then, you will be able to get BritBox on your Amazon Firestick.
How To Install BritBox on Firestick?
To install or download BritBox, you can follow any of the two methods that we have explained below. The good thing about downloading and installing the BritBox app on Firestick is very easy. So, let’s get started here.
Below is the step by step method to download or install BritBox using the Amazon prime channel:
- First of all, you need to download and then install the “Amazon Prime Channel” on your Firestick.
- After that, you need to launch the “Prime app” and then log in by providing your sign in detail.
- At this step, you have to scroll and go to the “Prime Video Channels” on Amazon.
- Then click on the “BritBox channel” option by moving to the rightward.
- After that, you will get the BritBox contents on the screen.
- Now, you need to choose your specific media that you would like to stream.
- Then, you will get the option of the 7-day free trial, and you need to select that option first.
- At this step, you have to provide your login credentials for BritBox to stream the video contents.
You can only apply this method if you have the Amazon Prime membership. But if you don’t have the Amazon Prime membership, then you need to use the alternative options to get the BritBox contents.
Another step by step method of downloading or installing the app is below:
- First, you will have to open the “Downloader” app.
- After that, you will have to add the following address http://bit.ly/2OlAeW3 to the available URL field there.
- Then you will need to click on the “Go” button.
- After clicking on that button, you will be directed to a third-party website.
- Now, you have to click on the “Download APK” option by scrolling down slightly.
- Now, you will have to go to the option of “Click here” if the file downloading doesn’t start.
- Now the APK file of BritBox will be available on the streaming device you are using.
- After that, you have to click on the “Next” option once the file download is completed successfully.
- Now, you will see an “Install” button, and please click on it.
- After that, you have to click on the “Open” button to open, and you are done now.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is BritBox free on Firestick?
No, BritBox isn’t free on Firestick.
Is BritBox free with Amazon Prime?
No, BritBox isn’t free with Amazon Prime. The subscription fee is $6.99 monthly.
Is a confession on BritBox?
Yes, a confession, which is a true-crime drama, is on BritBox.
Can BritBox be watched on TV?
BritBox is available on the Select Samsung Smart TVs, Select Panasonic Smart TVs, Apple TV, etc.
What devices will BritBox work on?
BritBox will work on Apple TV, iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Select Samsung smart TVs, Select Panasonic smart TVs, Android phones and tablets, Google Chromecast.
The concept of the BritBox was first developed by the BBC and ITV. After that, it becomes a tough competitor to Netflix, Amazon, Apple TV, and some other relevant platforms. Since Amazon is one of the competitors of it, BritBox amazon fire tv or BritBox amazon Firestick isn’t available. But you will still get some alternative ways to watch BritBox on Firestick that we have explained above.